Training Workshop: Enhancing Customer Experience with Consumer Directed Care
Australia’s age services industry is transitioning to consumer directed care. From July 2019, the new standards stipulate that organisational performance should be assessed against outcomes achieved for consumers.
But creating a great experience is so much more than just compliance. It requires that team members and care staff fully engage around clearly understood customer-centric ideals and ensure residents feel the service is personal and unique to their needs.
Successful organisations are transforming their operations to accommodate the new model of care and shifting from providing traditional care to delivering exceptional customer experience.
This workshop will:
- Enhance staff awareness and understanding of consumer-directed-care and the role they play in its delivery
- Strengthen team work and collaboration to contribute to a great experience
- Develop skills to drive practice and process improvements to implementing consumer directed.
Course outline: We will examine, reflect on and agree:
- The principles of Consumer Directed Care – what it is and what it means
- What defines a great customer experience including examples of best practice
- How to overcome challenges in meeting customer expectations – including risks
- How to develop a workforce culture that values and supports consumer choice
- Practical ideas to strengthen interpersonal communications skills with customers and their families for better care and quality of life
- Effective ways to track your customers’ experience, gain feedback and deal with complaints.
Each workshop will include a learning handbook with a summary of learning exercises to maximise engagement and support ongoing implementation. The workshops will be delivered by Damien Edmonds, an experienced and certified practicing facilitator.
Duration: One day or two half day sessions delivered in house on your premises.
To discuss a workshop for your organisation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3275 9905.
For further age service offerings: